An important week for the family and the country

Being a Malaysian, married to a girl originated from Indonesia and now a proud Singaporean, who is born on 31 August, in itself is a symbol of national importance. That was 2004. Fast forward to May 1, 2013, I am again about to claim a coincidence of great importance. On 2 May (tomorrow) Nelly and I are excitedly welcoming the arrival of our new born, and 3 days later (May 5, 2013) Malaysians will head to polls to decide the next government.

For us, the arrival of second child will coincide with another significant event in our family, that is, I am awaiting my relocation to Shanghai, a move which I think will boost my career prospect and enhance my experience in a great way.

During the very same week, on this Sunday, Malaysians are gearing up to cast their votes in what many have predicted as the closest battle between the incumbents and the Oppositions led by Anwar Ibrahim. For the first time since Independence the National Front government is facing a real prospect of losing its majority in Parliament house.

In any case, my excitement is on the arrival of our second child tomorrow, and at the same time hoping that the General Election in Malaysia will usher the new reality that bring about better prospect for all include my princesses.

What a great week for the Ongs!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xin Ning is approaching 6 next January

This Recession Was Brought to You by the Letters U, V and L

The Bear of Wall St